How we built an experimental culture & used it to 10X IntelliCode usage in Visual Studio.
Acquiring users for your feature and experimenting on existing user experience paradigms is tricky when users are already 'used' to something.
- When do you leverage internal vs. external customers for research?
- How might we formulate hypotheses and test them in product?
- When is a prototype good enough?
- What kind of data do we need to collect?
- How do we balance competing proposals?
- What's significant?
In this presentation, we'll explore all of the above through some of the key moments in developing IntelliCode suggestions. We'll also explore what we learned about operating as a product & dev team and discuss some practices that could be helpful to you.