Definition of Done — Understanding Engineering Deliverables As a Product Person
The "definition of done" is a central pillar of SCRUM methodology that is commonly used in software engineering planning processes, primarily to ensure engineering are not handed ill-defined tasks, which would likely lead to delays.
This session will explore how product & design teams can best coordinate with engineering teams. We'll use practical, project-based examples, to show how to deliver projects that are well-scoped and land on time.
- How to turn user stories & designs into engineering tasks with clear definitions of done
- Common pitfalls when writing up tasks for engineering
- Making room for R&D and code quality efforts
- Adapting when engineering inevitably hit roadblocks
- Validating that the work is actually done